This blog chronicles my journey as a runner, logs personal workout routines and shares my thoughts on just about anything interesting. Since I am no running guru, a physical therapist nor a nutritionist, any content you find in my blog are from my personal experiences and some research. I may as well provide links or refer you to blogs or websites that I think may be of help.

Believe me, I don't like reading very long write-ups so I'll try to keep your reading time short as much as I can so you can check out immediately if my exercise routines work for you.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Men's Health Urbanathlon 2010 Workout

This workout is included in the race kit. So go and hit the nearest gym and pump up those muscles!

Workout A
Lunge and Press
Step Ups with Twist
1 Legged RDLs
Push ups
Alternate Rows
Commando Pull up
Mountain Climbers
Squat Jumps

Workout B
Squat and Press
Side Lunges with Vertical Chest Press
1 Legged Hamstring Claws
Push Ups with Rotation
Balance Alternate Rows
Chin Ups
Suitcase Crunch
Burpees

Alternate workouts every other day. Perform them in a circuit, as many as you can in 30 seconds with rest of 30 seconds in between each exercise and 2 minutes of rest after finishing the 8 exercises. Complete 3 sets. MH recommends tapering or cutting down weight exercises a week before the race. A medicine ball and a chin up bar will do.

1 comment:

johann said...

It's included in the race kit? Why don't I have this one? :( thanks for the post!