This blog chronicles my journey as a runner, logs personal workout routines and shares my thoughts on just about anything interesting. Since I am no running guru, a physical therapist nor a nutritionist, any content you find in my blog are from my personal experiences and some research. I may as well provide links or refer you to blogs or websites that I think may be of help.

Believe me, I don't like reading very long write-ups so I'll try to keep your reading time short as much as I can so you can check out immediately if my exercise routines work for you.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Men’s Health Urbanathlon 2010




It is a race like no other. MHU tests not only a runner’s speed but as well as his strength through obstacles placed in the race track. One of the best things about this race is that MHU provided a workout program to all the participants to get them fit and shape ready for the event. What makes this event special for me is that MHU 2009 was my first race. I actually used the workout and running program they prepared for two weeks before the race. Clocked 00:57:27 and was ecstatic of the result. This year MHU partnered with 360• Fitness Club in coming up with two sets of workout alternating every other day. Race blocks last year include some hurdles or jump over, weave, a six storey stairs, crawl, and a wall. Men’s Health Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief Agu Paiso in a radio interview said MHU obstacle will include a parking lot with cars. Agu Paiso promised a more challenging and tougher course as demanded by MHU '09 participants. With a very reasonable joining fee of Php500.00, registrant gets himself an MHU 2010 commemorative shirt, Men’s Health Magazine and a free healthy breakfast at the race day from Century Tuna. Participants also receive a discounted membership fee from 360• Fitness Club.

Be part of this one of a kind event only from Men's Health. Be an URBANATHLETE.

No comments: